Free HR generalist job description. An HR generalist is a human resources professional responsible for a wide variety of human resource tasks rather than a specialized scope of work. An HR generalist will oversee many of the HR functions within a business. This includes training, hiring, compensation plans, benefits plans, general HR administration, employment contract drafting, and more.
An HR generalist has a variety of job titles including senior HR generalist, and human resources generalist. And while the titles differ, the responsibilities of the professional are the same.
HR Generalist Job Description Sample
Our business is seeking an HR generalist to help with a variety of human resources tasks for the HR department. This includes working closely with other HR professionals to assist with their work. Designing training programs, modifying our workplace and general company policy, HR policies, assisting with talent acquisition, payroll processing, and more. The HR generalist should have HR management experience as well as experience working with an HR coordinator, HR manager, and other HR specialists. An ideal candidate has strong interpersonal and presentation skills. And can have a positive influence on company procedure.
HR Generalist Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and HR generalist responsibilities:
- Assist with walking employees through employee benefits programs.
- Assist the staff recruiter with the recruitment process.
- Oversee the general HR function within the business and assist when necessary.
- Oversee all company policies, staff handbooks, and more.
- Work closely with each HR specialist to ensure the efficiency of the HR operations.
- Oversee a team of other HR generalists who can provide the employees with their human resource needs.
- Assist hiring managers with their job postings and modify their job descriptions.
- Track all human resources programs being operated by the human resources department.
- Ensure efficient employee relations and labor relations. This includes workplace violations, disputes, and more.
- Design, draft and distribute human resources policies amongst the staff.
- Respond to staff human resources-related inquiries. And identify future staffing needs for each department. Maintain employee personnel records and meet with staff regularly.
- Create and distribute internal communications regarding benefits changes. Changes to company policies. And ensuring staff has the updated company handbook for following company protocol and procedures.
HR Generalist Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or Communications.
- Previous experience in an HR generalist position preferred.
- Must have previous experience with human resource management.
- Previous experience in a job title similar to an HR generalist role is preferred.
- Familiarity with state employment law a plus.
- Interpersonal skills, influence skills, and adaptability skills are preferred.
- Ability to groom and manage company procedures. Manage benefits plans (including 401K plans). And assist with employee personnel issues.
- Strong verbal communication skills, presentation skills, and ability to present organizational changes to the company.
Download the free hr generalist job description PDF template. And use the sample hr generalist job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
All job descriptions