Free recruiter job description. A recruiter is a human resources professional who oversees the process of searching for, assessing, and screening qualified candidates for employment. The recruiter works on behalf of a business or staffing agency, owning the end-to-end process of talent acquisition. A recruiter might be hired by a company to fill one or more positions within the company.
A recruiter may go by various job titles. Including junior recruiter, technical recruiter, HR recruiter, college recruiter, senior recruiter, human resources specialist, and internal recruiter. As well as corporate recruiter, healthcare recruiter, and more.
Recruiter Job Description Sample
Our business is seeking a recruiter to oversee the recruitment process and hiring needs within our business. A successful recruiter is someone who can develop recruiting plans. And a general recruiting strategy to gather candidates that are qualified for our open positions. The recruiter will work with a hiring manager to assess the needs of each role and begin an outreach program. The recruiter will handle all phone interviews. Interviews used to determine the appropriate fit for each available job title. And performing these interviews before setting up a formal interview with the hiring manager. Potential candidates should have recruiting experience.
Recruiter Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and recruiter responsibilities are as follows:
- Work closely with the human resource department to assess the needs of open positions.
- Build an outreach program to attract qualified candidates with the qualifications required for the open positions.
- Handle general human resource management, which includes keeping a record of each job candidate interviewed.
- Create a job posting on job boards for each open position.
- Attend job fairs and promote the company and open opportunities.
- Answer questions for a job applicant about the interview process and what to expect from an upcoming interview with a hiring manager.
- Use an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to vet qualified candidates and manage the application process.
- Develop the job requirements for each job description and job title.
- Write a formal job offer letter to applicants the hiring manager would like to staff.
- Review the resume of the prospective employees who submit their job application to the open job role.
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services or colleges. And employment agencies, other recruiters, media companies, and internet sites.
- Review the resume of the prospective employees who submit their job applications to the open job role.
- Determines job applicant requirements by studying job descriptions and job qualifications by hiring managers.
- Oversee the company hiring strategy and anticipate future hiring needs.
- Manage the recruitment processes within the enterprise, follow-up on interview process status, and ensure that state employment law is being followed throughout the recruiting process.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications.
- Previous experience working with HR professionals preferred.
- Previous experience in a recruiting or HR position preferred.
- Ability to attract and retain talent.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective and cooperative working relationships. And doing so by building trust with employees.
- Familiarity with using job-hunting websites like Dice, Monster, and more.
- Attract candidates through social media networks and employee referrals.
- Decision-making skills. Interpersonal skills. Ability to fill open positions quickly.
According to Salary.com, a recruiter earns $57,100 per year, on average. With the top percentile earning $69,300 per year, on average. And entry-level workers earning $43,900 per year, on average.
Top candidates in the recruiting position have the following skills:
- Marketing skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Relationship building skills
- Multitasking skills
- Time management skills
- Listening skills
- Teamwork skills
- IT and computer skills
- Body language skills
A key characteristic of a successful recruiter is someone who can keep the bigger picture in mind. Recruiting.com saying that a successful recruiter should “Have a clear company strategy in mind that they can refer to whenever they’re looking to fill a position. Keep it on a sticky note, type in the phone, or simply commit it to memory. When learning about a potential candidate, identify if their skills, character, and experience are the best fit for leading your organization to growth.”
Recruiter Job Boards
When hiring a recruiter for an internal position, it’s advised to use smaller job boards that are specific to the industry and sector. An employer should choose the following job boards to post a job description. These job boards have a greater chance of attracting candidates with a greater degree of passion for their work.
Top recruiter job boards for job seekers
Recruiters can be found on most national job boards, like Indeed and Monster. Though, employers posting the available position for an internal recruiter should expect to be pitched by freelance recruiters. And recruiting firms when the job posting goes live.
Download the free recruiter job description PDF template. And use the sample recruiter job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
All job descriptions