Free physical therapist job description. A physical therapist is a certified professional who assists a patient with physical injuries by improving mobility, movement, and pain management. The physical therapist evaluates, records, and manages a patient’s progress. Physical therapists are frequently found as part of a rehabilitation center or treatment clinic for patients with chronic illness, conditions, or injuries.
A physical therapist is sometimes referred to as a physical therapist assistant, pediatric physical therapist, or sports physical therapist.
Physical Therapist Job Description Sample
Our clinical practice is seeking an experienced physical therapist to assist our patients with an injury, disability, or chronic condition. The physical therapist will assess a patient’s issue, diagnose the correct treatment plan, and educate patients on physical exercises to reduce pain and increase mobility. Through these physical therapy services, the physical therapist will track the patient’s progress, report findings to the primary physician or oncologist.
Physical Therapist Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and physical therapist responsibilities:
- Understand a patient’s illnesses, injuries, or chronic issues and develop a treatment plan.
- Work closely with a physical therapy aide, physical therapy assistant, an occupational therapist, and other healthcare professionals to provide patient treatment.
- Assist patients with cerebral palsy to develop mobility and movement of the muscles, joints, and more.
- Understand a patient’s pain level and assist in helping to relieve pain through physical therapy.
- Track a patient’s progress.
- Practice world-class patient care through therapeutic exercise as a physical therapist.
- Educate patients on their progress, treatment plan, and exercise techniques.
- Assist elderly patients with mobility and strength training exercises for back pain, joint pain, and hip mobility issues.
- Provide pediatric physical therapy to toddlers and young adults.
Physical Therapist Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Completed the Doctor of Physical Therapy or DPT program.
- Completed an accredited physical therapy program as a licensed physical therapist.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pre-Physical Therapy or a relevant field of study.
- Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy (DPT).
- Sports Certified Specialist, Oncology Physical Therapy Specialist Certification, and Registered Kinesiotherapy Certification a plus.
- Previous clinical experience as a physical therapist is preferred.
- Interpersonal skills, adaptability skills, and education skills.
Download the free physical therapist job description PDF template. And use the sample physical therapist job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
All job descriptions