Free preschool teacher job description. A preschool teacher is a childcare educator who teaches children ages two to four years of age. The preschool teacher is responsible for assisting with basic social skills, language skills, problem-solving, and other basic personal care. The preschool teacher uses educational techniques for young children, primarily group exercises, storytelling, experimentation, art therapy, and more.
Preschool Teacher Job Description Sample
Our childcare center is seeking an experienced public school teacher and early childhood teacher to work closely with our preschool children. The educator will work closely with children ages two to four years of age. Educating students on social skills, colors, shapes, numbers, problem-solving, and other early childhood development. Our ideal candidate has previous experience working as an elementary school teacher or other educator working with young students and children.
Preschool Teacher Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and preschool teacher responsibilities:
- Assist with the general childcare and classroom program for young children under the age of five years of age.
- Employ multiple teaching methods, including storytelling, field trips, experimentation, and group activities to assist with education and the preschool program.
- Work closely with a lead teacher, early childhood educator, or childcare worker to program the preschool education.
- Monitor children’s progress and report on the basic skills being taught through the classroom to the parents.
- Work closely with each student to ensure they are following the lesson plans and learning the proper skills for their age group.
- Ensure children are learning about colors, shapes, numbers, and letters.
- Develop schedules and routines for children to receive enough mental and physical activity.
Preschool Teacher Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Holds a CDA credential (Child Development Association) is preferred.
- Previous experience as a teaching assistant or “teacher assistant” is a plus.
- Previous experience as a teacher’s aide is a plus.
Download the free preschool teacher job description PDF template. And use the sample preschool teacher job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
All job descriptions