Free sales assistant job description. A sales assistant is frequently found in retail stores and retail establishments. They greet customers when they enter the retail location, assist with directing customers, answer general product questions, answer inventory questions, and provide guidance on selecting products from the sales floor.
A sales assistant is sometimes referred to as a sales associate. And reports directly to the sales manager, store manager, store supervisor, or general manager of the retail location.
Sales Assistant Job Description Template & Sample
Sample sales assistant job description.
Sales Assistant Job Brief
Our retail location is hiring a passionate sales assistant who can guide each customer along their journey to finding products and services. The sales assistants play a pivotal role on the sales floor. Helping to guide each customer with their desired product and service requirements. And answering questions related to products, availability, and other requirements. This position requires knowledge of the products and services offered at the company and store location.
A main function of the assistant is to greet customers the moment they enter the shop and assist them with their product questions. Sales assistants play a major role in providing information on product’s pricing, special offers, sales, and other product-related inquiries.
Sales Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and responsibilities include:
- Assistant responsibilities include receiving, processing, and organizing inbound product shipments.
- Assist customers with product and service questions.
- Ensure shelves are stocked with product and faced appropriately.
- Assist managers with clerical and administrative tasks.
- Help customers understand store hours and availability.
- Be an overall team player and play a pivotal role on the sales floor.
- Have familiarity with all product inventory, availability, and service offerings.
- Be responsible for handling cash and card payments, stocking shelves, and completing customer transactions of products or services.
- Have a positive attitude while assisting shoppers to find their ideal goods and products in the retail store location.
- Handle customer complaints and route their needs to the appropriate personnel.
- Provide the customer with a summary of their purchase and ensure they receive a receipt for their purchase.
- Assist customers with product returns.
- Keep the sales floor clear of any boxes, ensure that shelves are well-stocked, tills are ready for cash payments, and that products have been taken from the warehouse and placed onto the sales floor.
Sales Assistant Assistant Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED is strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills, organizational skills, time-management skills, and ability to self-direct.
- Previous experience in a sales position is a strong plus.
- Ability to handle cash payments and use point-of-sale systems.
- Previous experience handling gift cards, credit cards, cash payments, checks, and other forms of payment for customers.
Related job descriptions
Download the free sales assistant job description PDF template. And use the sample sales assistant job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
All job descriptions