An HR administrative assistant is someone who works in the human resources department. They assist with hiring, training, preparing employee agreements, and assisting other human resources personnel with special projects and general needs. This is a clerical and administrative job title.
This HR administrative assistant job description will help you find qualified HR administrative assistant job candidates that have the right skills to provide excellent HR administrative assistant support for your company.
HR Administrative Assistant Job Description Template & Sample
This sample HR administrative assistant job description template is a great starting point for your own administrative assistant job opening. Adapt and change this template and sample HR administrative assistant job description as fits your specific organization to create an administrative assistant job listing that is sure to get noticed!
HR Administrative Assistant Job Description Brief
We are looking for an HR Administrative Assistant to provide support to our Human Resources department. You will act as the first point of contact for all HR-related queries from both external partners and employees alike.
Your main administrative duties will include personnel record maintenance, HR administrative document management (such as onboarding guides and employment records), and keeping internal databases updated. Ideal administrative assistant candidates will have HR administrative assistant procedure experience and the ability to complete multiple administrative tasks in a timely manner, all while ensuring that our HR department conforms to all relevant labor laws and provides our employees with the support they need.
HR Administrative Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and responsibilities include:
- Organizing and maintaining personnel records
- Updating internal databases, for example recording instances of maternity or sick leave
- Preparing HR documents, such as guides for new hires and employment contracts for new employees
- Participate in revising company policies
- Liaise with insurance vendors and other external partners to ensure legal compliance
- Presenting reports regularly on how the company is performing via turnover rates and other HR metrics
- Providing answers to employee questions about issues related to HR
- Providing relevant information to payroll in regards to work schedules, sick days, leaves of absence, and other details
- Process expense forms and arrange travel accommodations
- Participation in the organization, scheduling, and posting of job fair events and other HR projects.
- Review benefits with job applicants. Assist with candidate development. Maintain knowledge of the company benefits to use during the hiring process.
- Perform training and education to new employees.
- Manage a stream of candidates during the hiring process. Logging each resume or resumes submitted to the job.
- Prepare contracts and employee agreements.
- Post job ads and send leads to the proper personnel for an open position.
HR Administrative Assistant Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- Previous experience in Human Resources, either as an HR administrative assistant or in another role where administrative support was provided.
- HR software experience, with examples being HRMS or HRIS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and otherwise computer software literate
- Well-versed in federal and state labor laws, policies, and procedures
- High levels of organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills in-person, over the phone, and via email
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field
Related job descriptions
Download the free hr administrative assistant job description PDF template. And use the sample hr administrative assistant job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
All job descriptions