Free system analyst job description. A system analyst (or systems analyst) is a professional who uses information technology (IT) to solve required organizational improvements. The system analyst uses information technology to assess the organization, propose workplace changes, and acts as a change agent within the business.
A system analyst is sometimes referred to as a technology analyst.
System analyst job description template & sample
Free system analyst job description template and sample. Use the following job description to post a job advertisement (sometimes referred to as a job advertisement). Customize the sample below based on the company requirements and business needs.
System Analyst Job Brief
Our business is seeking talented systems analysts to join our IT department. The analyst will act a change agent within the business. Using information technology and software to assess business problems and develop software to help address these problems. Common issues might be developing data silos, enabling/creating databases for clients, preparing file storage systems, transferring large data sets, organizing/protecting compliant data, implementing new software systems, and more.
A system analyst will work closely with all other analysts and software developers inside the business. Working closely with a data analyst, business analyst, financial analyst, and more. This team will help to ensure new projects are being created according to specification. And determining whether the work is for clients, internal employees, or for internal efficiencies. A key role of this job is to gather system requirements or project requirements, use agile software development methods to anticipate work, and begin software development with the team.
System Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
Sample job duties and responsibilities include:
- Act as a change agent and liaison between IT departments.
- Use information technology to assess business requirements, organizational changes, and assess operational efficiencies.
- Talk to customers and users and identify opportunities to grow and improve systems.
- Gather system requirements for projects.
- Assess the development of new systems within the organization and setup databases, storage systems, and accessibility to these information systems.
- Perform regular maintance on existing systems.
- Work closely with other analysts including business analysts and financial analysts.
- Maintain current systems, including databases, storage systems, and file systems.
- Practice keen problem-solving skills while implementing new systems and data silos.
- Develop new software applications for the business.
- Find workplace solutions that can be used by clients, customers, and internal employees.
System Analyst Requirements
Qualified candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology is preferred.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is a strong plus.
- 1-3 years of experience in a software development team.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, technical skills, communication skills, and project management skills.
- Strong qualities in ideal candidates include flexibility, ability to self-manage, and comprehension of large data systems, storage systems, and databases.
Related job descriptions
Download the free system analyst job description PDF template. And use the sample system analyst job description provided to make an efficient job posting for your company. For more information please visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
All job descriptions